Dr. Gil dos Santos G. João
- born in Salir, municipality of Loulé
- finished 12th grade in Loulé secondary school
- 1982-1983: studied German at the Herder Institute, Leipzig
- 1983-1989: degree in medicine at the University of Leipzig
- 1989-1998: trained in Neurology, Psychiatry and Neurophysiology at the Faculty of Medicine (Charité) of Humboldt University in Berlin and the Free University of Berlin
- 1998: doctoral thesis at Humboldt University in Berlin, which was assigned the highest grade of "summa cum laude"
- 1999: returned to Portugal for family reasons
- 1999-2003: neurologist at the Western Algarve Hospital in Portimão
- 2003 to present: neurologist and psychiatrist at Neuroloulé Medical Centre
- 2012 to present: lecturer in medical sciences at the University of the Algarve
- Specialty training in Neurology and Psychiatry at Humboldt University and the Free University of Berlin, examinations approved by the Medical Association of Berlin.
- Clinical Neurophysiology training in Electroencephalography, Electromyography and Evoked Potentials Testing at Humboldt University and the Free University of Berlin, examinations validated by the German Society of Clinical Neurophysiology.
MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING ASSOCIATIONS:
- Portuguese General Medical Council, Southern Section; with specialist registration in both Neurology and Psychiatry
- Portuguese Neurology Association
- Portuguese Psychiatric and Mental Health Association
- German Psychiatric and Psychotherapy Association
- German Clinical Neurophysiology Association