Neurologist , Psychiatrist and Professor at the University of Algarve.
Dr Gil dos Santos G. João
- Born in Salir, municipality of Loulé.
- Finished 12th grade in Loulé secondary school.
- 1982-1983: studied German at the Herder Institute, Leipzig.
- 1983-1989: degree in medicine at the University of Leipzig.
- 1989-1998: trained in Neurology, Psychiatry and Neurophysiology at the Faculty of Medicine (Charité) of Humboldt University in Berlin and the Free University of Berlin.
- 1998: doctoral thesis at Humboldt University in Berlin, which was assigned the highest grade of “summa cum laude”.
- 1999: returned to Portugal for family reasons.
- 1999-2003: neurologist at the Western Algarve Hospital in Portimão.
- 2003 to present: neurologist and psychiatrist at Neuroloulé Medical Centre.
- 2012 to present: lecturer in medical sciences at the University of the Algarve.
- Specialty training in Neurology and Psychiatry at Humboldt University and the Free University of Berlin. Examinations approved by the Medical Association of Berlin.
- Clinical Neurophysiology training in Electroencephalography, Electromyography and Evoked Potentials Testing at Humboldt University and the Free University of Berlin. Examinations validated by the German Society of Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Portuguese General Medical Council, Southern Section, with specialist registration in both Neurology and Psychiatry.
- Portuguese Neurology Association.
- Portuguese Psychiatric and Mental Health Association.
- German Psychiatric and Psychotherapy Association.
- German Clinical Neurophysiology Association.